PLEASE HELP ME & KNYSNA TODAY.
You can make a difference in a few seconds on Facebook this beautiful rainy morning.
The Knysna-Plett Herald refused to publish my submission to Parliament, my allegations of corruption, yet has ironically published Knysna Municipality’s response submission.
Despite it including defamatory statements against me, i wasn’t even asked for comment.
I have evidence of Editor Elaine King stopping fair response with regards several issues involving the Democratic Alliance and the Knysna Municipality. Nicole Rimbault, the Director of Group Editors, the holding company that owns the Knysna-Plett Herald, has failed to respond to many messages (she met me long ago, promising changes that proved short lived when the previous editor, who questioned the Municipality, was pushed out and replaced with a seemingly toe-the-government line type).
Has the Knysna-Plett Herald has chosen a political side?
If so, that is exceedingly irresponsible and dangerous as we approach elections and, before then, the selection of candidates. In our crazy country getting crazier, we need fair media more than ever!
I’m asking all of those here who believe in fair response and hearing both sides to please:
1. Post your support on this post at Love Knysna with a comment, share and like (all three) – www.facebook.com/loveknysna/posts/880194222093479.
2. To copy and paste the same comment on the Knysna-Plett Herald’s Facebook post – www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=998601733565117&id=104958529596113.
3. To post the same comment on the Knysna-Plett Herald’s website page – www.knysnaplettherald.com/news/News/General/160210/Municipality-cooperates-with-Parliamentary-Committee.
As further interest, for you to decide if it’s coincidental or not:
1. Knysna Knews, the Facebook page i claimed and proved is motivated by DA propaganda, published an article in support of the Municipality and against me the same day.
2. Knysna-Plett Herald will not publish a story on Knysna Knews despite the DA politicians involved and me proving who was the driving force behind that propaganda campaign.
3. The Knysna-Plett Herald, which publishes on a Thursday, is essentially closed on a Friday. There is someone who does online work in the morning, as far as i know from the office in George. However, they made an exception by publishing the Knysna Municipality’s statement at 8.23pm.
4. Previously, when the Knysna-Plett Herald published statements from some of those involved, they were not posted on their Facebook or their website, an incredible exception as there will now be no public record that they existed.
You can comment on this post on Love Knysna’s Facebook page.