As with each political party’s manifesto release, you are encourage to debate. Is it practical? Do you believe it? How does it compare to promises made the past 5 years?
You can view news on all the parties and candidates at the 2016 Municipal Elections Guide on this website.
Educate your vote!
ANC PLAN FOR KNYSNA
The African National Congress stands for a South Africa that belongs to all who live in it. We are deeply committed to building an inclusive future that improves peoples’ lives and where our councilors shall:
- Serve the interests of all our people and enhance participatory democracy.
- Be accountable – individually and collectively.
- Work efficient and effectively through good governance and sound practices.
- Perform their duties diligently, honestly and with integrity at all times.
- Fight against all forms of corruption, abuse of office or personal enrichment
FIVE POINT PLAN
- Growing an inclusive economy that creates jobs:
- Support for existing & new small businesses and industry.
- Diversify tourism products and routes.
- Promoting local procurement of goods & services and youth employment.
- Assess Cooperative Farming opportunities and land for small scale farmers.
2. Building and maintaining infrastructure:
- Secure of water supply.
- Maintain and upgrade existing infrastructure.
- Develop and implement a Roads Maintenance plan that benefit all communities.
3. Build spatially integrated communities:
- Integrated housing developments.
- Better Quality Houses.
- Special housing programmes for backyard dwellers and rural villages.
- Social and Middle income housing developments.
4. Safety, security and social development:
- Strengthening community safety forums.
- Improving street lighting and signs in towns, townships and villages.
- Ensuring municipal programmes respond to the socio-economic needs of all citizens.
- Develop a comprehensive Social Development & Youth Development plan.
- Providing greater support to early childhood development facilities.
- Taking the quality learning and teaching campaign to communities & support schools.
5.Provide democratic and accountable government:
- Ensure the provision of services to communities in a sustainable manner.
- Improve access to municipal services and reduce outsourcing in municipalities.
- Further improve public participation and accountability of councillors through an ongoing outreach programme.
- Enhance the capacity of the Knysna Municipality to deliver on its mandate.
You can comment on the Love Knysna Facebook. Please keep your opinions constructive and reasonable.