Park: Garden Route National Park
Closing Date: 15 May 2017
A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Driver Operator in the Garden Route National Park, Knysna at Diepwalle Section. The successful candidate will report to the Section Ranger.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for the job:
– Valid Drivers license (Code ECI) with PDP Certificate
– Relevant experience (at least 2 years)
– Experience in roads maintenance machinery and forestry equipment
– Possession of basic admin and supervisory skills with the knowledge of various OHS and FSC rules and regulations
Key responsibilities of the successful candidates will include the following:
– The operating all machinery
– To maintain roads
– To coordinate and control fire-fighting operations as well as maintenance and safety of all fire-related equipment
– The safe storage, cleaning, caring for and maintenance (and preventative maintenance) of equipment and vehicles.
– Daily, weekly and monthly inspections
– Standby duty in fire season and overtime when needed
– Timely reporting of defects
– To adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations
– Transporting of working teams on occasions
– Responsible for prescribe records, logs, timesheets with regard to equipment use
– Record keeping and other administrative functions that arise from the tasks
– Fire management, fire break maintenance, prescribed burns and fire fighting
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B-3 job grade, and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Service of SANParks. It will be expected from the successful candidate to reside inside the Park.
Attention: Ms Cheryl Wiley
P.O. Box 3542, Knysna, 6570
or fax 0866501797
or via e-mail to Cheryl.email@example.com.
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.