The first was written by Dr Martin Young who has applied to become a DA councillor. Before Young subscribed to politics, he had nothing to say about me. Now he’s got lots to say. Just like others in the DA since i reported them to Parliament.
The second letter is by another doctor, Dr Douglas Seton, brother of Advocate Julie Seton who represents, in court, people linked to Knysna Tourism and the DA.
The letters may seem reasonably written but the fact is that i can easily show where they’re lying and, especially, the main facts they’ve left out. There is no substance within, both failing to address the elephant in the estuary i.e. the allegations of maladministration and corruption against the DA, ANC and Knysna Municipality.
It is obvious from the words written that the two doctors collaborated before sending their letters to the newspaper. Why would the newspaper have chosen to publish both, a concerted attempted to discredit me?
Notably, both DA-wannabe Martin Young and Advocate-against-me Julie Seton are involved in an online propaganda campaign against me. Both are active on the “anonymously” run Knysna Knews which has spilled a copious amount of political filth and lies about me and, to some extent, activist Susan Campbell and Parliament.
Regards the Letters to the Editor, a right to reply to the accusations is a journalistic requirement yet twice they’ve refused to allow me to. Will they prevent fair response again?
Notably, letters to the editor are not supposed to exceed 400 words (and are usually far less than that). However, they printed over 800 words for Martin Young. Interestingly, a year ago, they allowed DA Speaker Eleonor Spies to do the same (that was a particularly vicious attack against me that broke Constitutional rules). I was not allowed to respond.
Is it that The Knysna-Plett-Herald has, as i’ve long claimed, been siding with our town’s terrible leaders against me?
If you think that the newspaper was giving me (and the issues i’ve presented to Parliament) fair coverage last week, think again!
- The newspaper would previously not publish my evidence and suggested story regards the ISDF. Instead they waited a week and only published the version of Mayor Georlene Wolmarans, even skipping journalistic integrity to use words of support. I was completely removed from the topic.
- In December, they ran a poll about the ISDF, the tender planning our town’s future. The results showed that people don’t trust the process. For the first time that i was aware of, the newspaper didn’t print the results.
- My petition to Parliament is currently the biggest local scandal which had many questioning why the newspaper hadn’t given it, it’s contents and me coverage. So it must be considered that, last week, they were pressurised into covering themselves by reporting on it. Except they never reported on it, instead choosing to publish statements from the parties involved. This is contrary to me being told that they only needed a comment since they’d received a copy of the submission from Parliament.
- Notably, they never published anything from the 7000-page report.
- Journalist Christo Vermaak ignored my ending words and the attachments referred to:
- “NB: KPH is obviously covering it’s arse after this story has gotten too big to ignore. It will be interesting to see if you use the most interesting info i just gave you. That’s worthy of a full story by itself so if it isn’t used it will be questionable. I’ve attached the latest Knysna Knews propaganda piece (zoom to view) as well as a screenshot of the shares. I’ve also attached the latest communication with the Knysna Municipality.”
- The Knysna-Plett Herald has long refused to way up the facts and simply write the result. They continually refuse to write the full story, the true story.
- Amplifying wrong is that instead of putting it on the front page, as the severity of the issue required, the far lessor article of a sexy poster (that was on a wall for only 2hrs) took that spot – it wasn’t a matter of choice but more a choice that was bizarre.
- Inside the newspaper, the only statement accompanied by a photo was the Mayor’s i.e. a picture always attracts the most attention.
- Most readers are on Facebook. Why, very suspiciously, did the newspaper not publish any of those “stories” on their community page, seemingly everything else but that?
- Now they print over a 1000 words against me, on behalf of those i’m rightfully questioning.
Considering the many examples (far more than what i’m saying here, years of it), it must be considered that the Knysna-Plett Herald is still working against me, choosing media bias..
I emailed Knysna-Plett Herald Editor Elaine King and Group Editors Director Nicole Rimbault (ex-Moolman) the following:
On 25/02/2016 11:08, Love Knysna – Mike wrote:
> In response to the Knysna-Plett Herald’s latest publications against me, ‘Hampton does not love Knysna – here is why’ and ‘No Constructive Engagement from Hampton’, please confirm that i will have right of reply, of similar title and body length, in your next edition.
On 25/02/2016 14:04, Love Knysna – Mike wrote:
> In fairness and in consideration of the extreme length of the letters you posted against me, i’m sure that any fair and reasonable journalists would want to give me as much time as possible to respond. In light of that, please respond quicker to my email…