In ‘Municipal Bonuses: Easton Attempts Overpayment?’, questions were raised over the amount Knysna Municipal Directors are receiving.
These are the almost R1-million in bonuses that the Administration of the Knysna Municipality wants to pay their directors for the period 2015/2016:
- R156 000 – Municipal Manager Grant Easton
- R155 000 – Director Michael Rhode
- R151 000 – Director Mike Maughan Brown
- R136 000 – Director Dawie Adonis
- R134 000 – Director Bevan Ellman
- R76 000 – ex-Municipal Manager Lauren Waring
- R89 000 – William Fillies (temporary director)
- R14 000 – Avitha Sunkar (temporary director)
Under the current administration, over the past 4 years, bonuses add up to a much larger amount.
COPE’s Elrick van Aswegen’s question was:
“Did those people perform to such an extent
that Knysna Municipality is in a better place?”
Please vote your opinion through the poll above. Please be reasonable, answering honestly for yourself and your family.
Please share this page/poll with your friends, family and colleagues.