I’m an activist in Knysna who belongs to no political party. Advocate Julie Seton operates in the Knysna Magistrates Court and as an administrator of the Facebook page Knysna Knews.
I have accused Advocate Julie Seton of being, on behalf of the Democratic Alliance, part of a vicious propaganda campaign against me. She has emphatically denied this.
The result has been both of us applying for Protection Orders against each other, both gaining interim orders in between.
It was decided in front of Chief Magistrate Isak van der Merwe that both cases will be heard on the same day. Magistrate Moloro, from the town of George, has been appointed to hear us.
On April 22 2016, we attended court. Seton’s representative, Attorney Willie Smith from Plettenberg Bay, and i were called to Magistrate Moloro’s chambers wherein it was decided that:
- I will not be allowed to cross-examine Seton.
- I will not be allowed to include, as evidence, a criminal case i laid against Seton, as the case is still pending.
- Our cases will be judged on the papers i.e. our typed arguments and documents filed.
- I have been allowed a final affidavit, the third, to be handed in by May 6. I can use that to submit further evidence, including what i gave to the SAPS.
- Seton will be allowed a responding affidavit, to be handed in by May 13.
- Closing arguments must be sent to Magistrate Moloro by May 20 2016.
We don’t know the date when our innocence or guilt will be decided.