If not, why not?
I will post a lot more info this week to prove my point regards my header featuring Helen Zille who is by far my biggest failed heroine. She is the Premier of the Western Cape. Her job is primarily to work for us and look after us. She hasn’t. She turns up just before elections and boasts about her good deeds instead of talking about real issues that affect our town.
Shake off your bias and judge by actions and reality, not your fears.
In Knysna, where i live, both the ANC and the DA are rotten. They appear to be working together, not in a good way, but against the public. When have you heard of the opposition (ANC, COPE & Independent) actually getting something done, or ensuring investigation, after the DA have screwed up? Only now, when they couldn’t avoid it lest they lose votes from labour, have they challenged alleged tender corruption. Where were they the past 3 and a half years? It was as if they never existed!
If i were you, i wouldn’t vote for any of them.
Our politicians have proven repeatedly that they don’t serve us. Far to often, they operate in secrecy or don’t explain the most important matters affecting our lives.
I’m sick and tired of reading their self-promoting adverts in the local newspapers – I WANT TO READ SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HELPS ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON e.g.
- Why has the auditor general called for investigations into three tenders i.e. a “clean audit” isn’t what you think it is and, contrary to false reports, no check was done on Knysna Tourism’s finances.
- Why can we not afford to fix potholes and our water works?
- Where is a breakdown/map of our pipes showing age and length… and exactly how many will in fact be replaced (and when?)?
- Is it even possible to catch up on our infrastructure backlog and future needs or is our town doomed eventually?
- How many houses are needed versus how many will be built?
- How many holiday homes are there and how often are they used?
- A breakdown of how many people, and from which areas, pay for services and rates?
- Who exactly benefited from the R30million in debt that was written off?
- Why was Knysna’s ex-Municipal Manager Johnny Douglas complimented for doing a good job but then made to leave with a half a million golden handshake?
- Who received how much money from Knysna Tourism during the three years its accounts were in the red?
- Why was no background check done on the man appointed CEO of Knysna Tourism. Why did press releases repeatedly say that there had been? Why were we deliberately lied to? Why was the consultant who worked with him allowed to oversee the selection process? Why were the Board members who worked closest with him allowed to be the selection panel? Why were Board members kept secret for a year?
- Who exactly benefits from the money from the Knysna Pick ‘n Pay Oyster Festival? How much is paid in salaries, particularly to the Cape Town based company, Worldsport?
- How many people are unemployed in Knysna? What are the average salaries for each demographic?
- How many migrants are in fact here? There must be facts for them to be blamed for Knysna’s lack of money for overloaded infrastructure needs otherwise its just a political convenience.
- What is the cause of our higher estuary pollution readings and why do adverts only show the good readings and immorally ignore the bad (as they did again this past week!).
- Why is there no plan to address our growing tik and heroin problem? What happened to the promises of Helen Zille regards this years ago?
- How many local law enforcement and traffic officers are there and what exactly are their tasks?
- Where is the money from traffic fines being spent? It’s enough to fix our infrastructure needs.
- How many police vehicles are there and how many have been operational, month by month, this year?
- Why are there no foot patrols in central Knysna by both the police and local law enforcement?
- How many drug arrests are for dagga versus hard drugs? Are the cops pushing up the arrest statistics with dagga?
- How can it be possible that sex and child crimes are down in SAPS stats when our society has become more crime and addiction sodden? Are women and children being left behind?
- How much did the refurbishment of political and municipal staff offices cost? How much did the DSTV and flatscreen TVs cost?
- Why is the DA ‘anonymously’ running a Facebook page called Knysna Knews (and putting out anonymously created press releases, some aimed at discrediting me even though they aren’t using facts) instead of using the DA Facebook page?
- Why have DA members and the head of Knysna Tourism laid so many charges against me when all they have to do, instead, is be the public service they are meant to be and supply the information on my list?
…and so on and so on and so on…
You have to start asking the right questions… AND KEEP ON ASKING UNTIL YOU GET AN ANSWER THAT MAKES SENSE.
If not, why not?
Do you let others make up your mind for you? Is social standing amongst coffee cup critics (not doers) more important than planning yours or your family’s future? Do you understand that lives (and your life) are at stake?
BE A SHEPHERD NOT A SHEEP.
There is no one we can turn to except ourselves. Knysna will only get fixed if we ensure it happens. We must act as if the politicians and municipality work for us – because they do!
If you agree with me, or the majority of what i’ve said, will you comment? WILL YOU SHARE THIS PAGE AND MAKE OTHER PEOPLE THINK? If so, thank you. If not, why not?
Have your say. What questions do you have?
See people’s comments on the Love Knysna! Facebook (2014)
See people”s comments on the Facebook re-post of this blog (2017)